61-Inch 27hp Hydrostatic Zero Turn Riding Mower
5 reasons to buy
- The Husqvarna MZ61 packs a 27 HP Briggs engine that makes mowing fast and easy.
- A couple of users noted that this mower can cut acres of lawn in half the time it takes other mowers at the same price point.
- A good number of users loved the commercial-grade power the mower provides because of its powerful engine.
- The mower provides good uphill traction and does well in large areas.
- Most users also appreciated the mower’s deck height which allows the mower to go over rocks with ease.
3 reasons not to buy
- Most owners say that the mower’s steering may take some time to get used to.
- While uphill traction is great, going downhill may cause the mower to slide and lose directional control due to its weight.
- The mower does not have a hose washout connector that makes the middle blade area difficult to clean with a hose.
A vast majority of reviewers found the Husqvarna MZ61 a solid mower choice for lawn care. It delighted may users with its powerful and reliable Briggs engine which allowed it to outperform other mowers in its price range and deliver commercial-grade cutting power and speed. On the downside, there was feedback that the steering and control of the mower needed getting used to. But overall, this Hydrostatic Zero-Turn Riding Mower has proven to be one of the best purchases many users could have made.
|Max Cutting Height|
|Min Cutting Height|
27 HP Briggs Endurance Engine, 11-gauge Steel Cutting Deck, 9-Bushel Triple Bag Collection, High-back Seat, Hand Grips w/ Vibration Dampeners, Mulch & Bag Kit Sold Separately
Tips for Husqvarna MZ61
- To keep the mower in the best condition, check for any screws and bolts that could have been vibrated loose after running the mower for long periods.
- It is recommended to spray the deck’s underside with an anti-stick coating before using the mower to make cleaning easy. You can purchase a non-stick mower deck spray and protectant here.
- To avoid steep downgrade when mowing lawns with hills, plan your path carefully and mow uphill.
Q: Does the Husqvarna MZ61 arrive fully assembled?
A: Yes. Everything will be set up and ready to go when it arrives.
Q: What is the reservoir tank behind the seat used for?
A: The tank is for hydraulic fluid for transmission.
Q: What is the recommended trailer width to transport this mower?
A: It is suggested that the trailer be at least 5.5 feet wide to allow a few inches of clearance on each side.
Q: What is the size of the rear tires?
A: The rear tire size is 22×10-10.
Q: Is this a commercial-grade mower?
A: The Husqvarna MZ61is built for entry-level commercial owners and large property owners.
Q: Can the direction of the discharge change to back?
A: No, this mower mulches and discharges to the side.
Q: What is the difference between the MZ61 and MZT61?
A: Aside from the different engine, this model is geared towards large property owners while the MZT is more commercial-focused.
Q: Is the deck welded or stamped steel?
A: The deck is welded or fabricated and comes with a lifetime limited warranty.
Q: How high can this mower cut?
A: This mower has a maximum height cut of 4.5 inches.