38-Inch 100 Ah Battery Electric Rear Engine Riding Lawn Mower
10 reasons to buy
- A good number of owners liked the Ryobi RY48111’s steering and turning radius which felt like a zero-turn mower.
- Most users appreciated that the RY48111 kept the operator clean when mulching, unlike other riding mowers that can pretty much get their operators dirty when mulching.
- Many people liked that the mower’s power which made traversing small ditches easy.
- The mower is equipped with LED headlights for easy nigh time mowing.
- The RY48111 can mow in reverse with just a press of a button.
- Many owners noted that the mower had very good build quality.
- Some buyers commented that the mower is fast compared to other riding mowers.
- A large number of users found the mower very easy to maintain.
- The mower runs very quietly allowing users to mow early in the morning or late at night without bothering neighbors.
- A few individuals liked the availability of a battery gauge that indicated the state of charge and how long the mower has been on.
4 reasons not to buy
- Many owners found that the Ryobi RY48111’s seat lacked suspension which caused riding it to be very bumpy.
- Some people remarked that the mower does not cut as well as a gas-powered riding mower and tall grass required the operator to slow the mower down to prevent the motor from stopping
- A user complained that going backward can be jerky.
- At least one purchaser mentioned that the forward/reverse button is located near the blade disengage switch and it is difficult to toggle without looking down at the board.
A vast majority of reviewers found the Ryobi RY48111 a good choice for an electric riding mower. It delighted many users with its excellent steering and turning radius which most even compared to a zero-turn mower. The mower’s various features made it easy to use and maintain. On the downside, the RY48111 expectedly lacked the power of its gas-powered counterpart and had opportunities in riding comfort. But overall, the Ryobi RY48111 is a good choice if you’re a person looking to do away with the hassles of maintaining a gas-powered mower and have a relatively flat yard.
|Max Cutting Height|
|Min Cutting Height|
3 Brushless Motors, Quiet Cutting, LED Headlights, USB Phone Charger, Cruise Control, Cup Holder, Cellphone Holder, Adjustable Seat, Mulch & Bag Kit Sold Separately
Jack and Dan
Jack and Dan
Tools In Action
Tools In Action
Tips for Ryobi RY48111
- The Ryobi RY48111’s blades are thinner than normal and are optimized for an electric riding mower. The blades bend when it hits an object to protect the motor from breaking. It is recommended to have replacement blades available just in case.
- It is recommended to use a blower when cleaning the mower and avoid hosing it down with water.
Q: Can the Ryobi RY48111 fit thru a 48” wide gate?
A: Yes it can. The mower’s assemble width is only 38.5”.
Q: Does the mower have a hitch attachment?
A: Yes, the mower has a built-in rear hitch attachment.
Q: Can the mower go uphill?
A: Yes, the mower can go up slopes with up to a 15-degree incline.
Q: Where can I purchase a bagger for this mower?
A: You can purchase a 38” Ryobi 2-Bin Bagger here.
Q: What is the mower’s dimensions when fully assembled?
A: The mower’s fully assembled dimension is 63 inches x 46 inches x 38.5 inches.