Hydrostatic Self Propelled Gas Lawn Mower
5 reasons to buy
- A large number of people loved the mower’s rear-wheel drive and blade brake feature which made mowing lawns easy.
- Plenty of owners loved the mower’s durability and dependability because of its powerful Honda engine and NeXite mowing deck.
- The mower’s clip director knob makes switching from bagging to mulching a breeze.
- A user admired how easy the mower is to start even after being stored over the winter.
- Because of the Honda GCV200 engine power, the mower cuts, and mulches very well
4 reasons not to buy
- Some people remarked that leaving the fuel tank set with even ethanol-treated fuel for 2 weeks will cause the mower’s carburetor to clog up.
- Many owners were disappointed that the mower’s warranty did not cover carburetor issues due to fuel-related issues.
- A user complained that the rubber gas line was not attached when the mower arrived.
- Some reviewers had transmission issues and found using the transmission bar to regulate speed awkward especially if there are a lot of obstacles and turns in the yard.
The Honda HRX217HYA is generally well-loved by consumers because of its reliable Honda GCV200 engine. The power the mower provides makes cutting grass and mulching easy on clear even lawns. However, the model is not without faults as it received negative reviews mostly because of carburetor issues caused by fuel storage and its awkward transmission speed control. But overall, this mower still delivers and managed to meet expectations given the proper storage and maintenance.
|Max Cutting Height|
|Min Cutting Height|
Honda GCV200 Engine, Roto-Stop® Blade Stop System, Leaf Shred Feature, MicroCut® Twin Blades, NeXite Mowing Deck
Del's Lawn Care
Del's Lawn Care
Tips for Honda HRX217HYA
- It is highly recommended to use Ethanol-free gas as Ethanol can damage small engines. A handful of reviewers have noted that Ethanol treatment will not be adequate in protecting your engine long term.
- It is advisable to run the mower out of gas or use a gas stabilizer before storing it.
- To keep it in the best condition, clean the mower after each use.
Q: Can the handle fold over to save on storage space?
A: The mower’s handle is easy to adjust flat or vertically for storage.
Q: Is the mower’s rear-wheel-drive belt driven?
A: Yes, this mower is belt-driven. Its belt will also last for years before it requires changing.
Q: Is the mower capable of rear or side discharge?
A: Once the mower’s bagger is removed from the rear, a discharge guard swings down to allow clippings to be discharged from the mower’s rear deck.
Q: What is the Honda HRX217HYA’s non-metal deck made of?
A: The mower’s deck is made out of an extremely durable polymer material called NeXite.