187cc Gas 21-Inch 4-in-1 Versamow System Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
8 reasons to buy
- Most purchasers loved the Honda HRX217K5VKA superior cutting and mulching abilities. It can easily mulch 12’ wet thick grass with no problem.
- The mower is equipped with Honda’s exclusive Versamow system which gives you the option to easily switch from bagging to mulching without removing the bag.
- Plenty of owners liked how the mower starts on the very first pull.
- A good number of reviewers say that the rear-wheel-drive and self-propelled feature works great and makes moving fun. The mower does not lose traction when the bag is heavy or full.
- Various users found the mower’s throttle and handlebar very comfortable to use.
- The mower cuts great even when set to a lower deck height setting.
- The HRX217K5VKA is built like a tank and is very durable.
- A good number of purchasers liked that the mower was packed well and assembly was very easy.
2 reasons not to buy
- A handful noted that the wheel adjustments were difficult to do. The mower needs to be lifted off the ground to adjust the wheel height.
- A user complained that the mower’s Versamow system had a tendency to let some grass go through to the bag when set on mulch.
Majority of users were very happy about the Honda HRX217K5VKA. The mower obtained a winning spot to many consumers because of the durability, reliability, ease of use and superior grass and mulching abilities. The mower also comes equipped with Honda’s Versamow feature that makes transitioning from bagging to mulching or even a combination of both very easy and without the need for detaching the bag. Although the mower is expensive as compared to others in its class and has minor flaws in bagging and wheel adjustment, most owners were more than happy to overlook the flaws citing that its pros far outweighed its cons. As for its high price tag, owners consider the Honda HRX217K5VKA well worth the cost.
The Lawn Care Nut
The Lawn Care Nut
Tips for HRX217K5VKA 660250
- The mower does not use an air filter. It is recommended that oil is changed regularly.
- Sharpen mower blades regularly to ensure clean, laser-like cuts.
- To keep it in the best condition, clean the mower after each use.
Q: Is the mower rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive?
A: The mower is a rear-wheel drive. This allows no loss in traction as the bag fills up.
Q: What is the mower’s blade model if I need replacements?
A: The HRX217K5VKA uses a twin blade system. The upper blade model is 72531-VH7-000 while the lower blade model is 72511-VH7-000. You can also purchase an original Honda HRX blade set here.
Q: Does the mower come with the bag?
A: Yes. The mower’s bag is included.
Q: What is the mower’s deck made of?
A: The mower’s deck is made of NeXite. NeXite is a very durable polymer exclusive to HRX mowers and was made to resist dents, rust, and corrosions.
Q: Does the mower have the blade break feature?
A: No it does not. The blades continue to spin when the engine is running.