Black & Decker MTC220
20V MAX* Lithium 12-Inch 3-in-1 Compact Lawn Mower, String Trimmer and Edger
7 reasons to buy
- Most purchasers appreciated how easy it is to convert the Black & Decker MTC220 from mower to trimmer and edger.
- Plenty of owners liked that the mower is very lightweight and can be used in tight spots easily.
- The mower’s batteries can also be used with other Black & Decker tools.
- Reviewers loved the mower’s power. It cut, trimmed and edged very well.
- A good number of owners liked that the mower runs very quietly.
- A couple of owners liked that they could use the mower on rough terrain without fear of breaking any blades.
- The mower is very easy and convenient to clean and store.
1 reasons not to buy
- At least one purchaser mentioned that the mower has a small footprint and required more passes than a regular mower.
The Black & Decker MTC220 was generally well-loved by consumers. It’s versatility to convert from a mower to a trimmer and edger was invaluable for most. The MTC220 exceeded expectations in terms of power and cutting quality. This machine could cut and did it very well. The mower though is built for lawns of up to 750 square feet in size, anything larger would be a little too much for the mower to be used efficiently. The mower shines the most when used in lawns with lots of obstacles. Its lightweight and bladeless design mean that the mower can literally go where no other mower can. If your lawn fits the description above, the Black & Decker MTC220 is definitely worth looking at.
Black & Decker
|Max Cutting Height|
|Min Cutting Height|
Automatic Feed Spool (AFS®), PowerDrive Transmission, Cordless Freedom
Tips for Black & Decker MTC220
- For lawns larger than 750 square feet, an extra battery is recommended to extend run time. You can purchase a compatible 20V 4AH battery here.
- Clean the mower after every use to keep it in the best condition and to ensure a smooth conversion to trimmer and edger.
Q: Can you use this mower on slopes?
A: Yes. Since the mower is lightweight, it can be used easily on steep slopes.
Q: Does the Black & Decker MTC220 come with a charger?
A: Yes. 2 batteries and a charger are included with the mower.
Q: Does the mower have any blade attachment?
A: No. The mower uses string only.
Q: Does this mower have a guide wheel when switching to edging?
A: The edger does not have a guide wheel but is very lightweight to use.
Q: Can I attach my own outdoor extension cord to this mower?
A: No. The mower is battery operated only.
Q: How do I clean the mower? Do I need to hose it down with water?
A: The mower is easy to clean. Just wipe off the grass and you’re all set. No water needed.
Q: Where can I purchase extra string spools?
A: You can purchase a replacement line string trimmer spool pack here.