Ariens IKON-X 42" 915220
22 hp Kohler 7000 Zero Turn Mower
4 reasons to buy
- A good number of owners mentioned that they love the durability and build quality of the Ariens IKON-X 42″.
- Some buyers liked how smooth the mower is to drive, unlike other mowers.
- A purchaser noted that the mower’s 42” deck allowed it to maneuver through tight places.
- A good number of users liked the maneuverability of this zero turn mower and stated that it was fun to drive.
2 reasons not to buy
- Several buyers mentioned that they had difficulty moving near fences or bushes since the mower’s body is as wide as its deck and would have preferred the deck to be wider.
- At least one purchaser mentioned that the cut quality with the stock blades was not that good and needed 2 to 3 passes for a decent cut.
A durable and maneuverable zero turn mower, the Ariens IKON-X 42″ gains praise for its very good build quality and smooth riding experience. It’s a good option for large open lawns with your mowing path away from bushes and fences. With the right blade replacements and maintenance, this mower can offer years of fun lawn care.
|Max Cutting Height|
|Min Cutting Height|
Mulch & Bag Kit Sold Separately, 10-Gauge Steel High-back Padded Seat With Armrest
Cut and Clean TV
Cut and Clean TV
Tips for Ariens IKON-X 42″ 915220
- It is best to spray the deck’s underside with an anti-stick coating before using the mower to make cleaning easy. You can purchase a non-stick mower deck spray and protectant here.
- To keep it in the best condition, clean the mower after each use.
- Observe proper blade care and maintenance. You can purchase replacement blades and mulching blades here.
Q: Does the mower need the mulching kit to cut leaves?
A: The regular stock blades can cut leaves but will not be as fine as the mulching kit. You can purchase a mulching kit here.
Q: Can this mower perform on sloped hills?
A: This mower can operate on slopes of up to 15 degrees.
Q: Can the mower cut in reverse?
A: Yes, this mower can cut in reverse but is not recommended. For safety purposes always look down and behind before going in reverse.