Troy Bilt TB220
159cc 21-Inch FWD High Wheel Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
11 reasons to buy
- Various purchasers found the Troy Bilt TB220 very easy to handle and maneuver because of its front-wheel-drive system.
- The mower is very easy to start and starts on the first pull.
- A large number of owners loved that the mower had very clean and even cuts and did not scalp the lawn.
- It is very easy to clean thanks to its deck wash feature.
- The mower was noted to do very well on uneven ground and small hills because of its self-propel feature.
- Plenty of owners claimed that adjusting the cutting height was very easy and can be done effortlessly with one hand.
- A good number of reviewers were impressed that the mower did not bog down because of its reliable and powerful 159cc OHV engine.
- Users were pleased that the mower’s speed was easy to adjust and its drive control handle was easy to use.
- Many people liked that the TB220 mulches very well because of its powerful engine.
- The mower is very easy to assemble.
- A couple of owners found it easy to remove and attach the bag.
1 reasons not to buy
- At least one purchaser mentioned the wheels can sometimes lose traction because of its plastic build.
The Troy Bilt TB220 exceeded the expectations of many users. Reviewers have noted it as an excellent choice for a gas-powered mower. Consumers loved its many features from its front-wheel-drive self-propel system to its powerful 159cc OHV engine. It’s a reliable mower, has excellent cutting results, easy to use and is reasonably priced. However, despite the numerous positive reviews, some felt that the plastic wheels lack the traction the older models rubber wheels afforded. But all in all, it was regarded as a very good choice for lawn care and definitely worth the money by a lot of buyers.
Best Lawn Mowers Reviews 2017
Best Lawn Mowers Reviews 2017
Tips for Troy Bilt TB220
- Use a fuel stabilizer to counteract ethanol and protect the mower’s engine.
- To navigate around corners easily, lift up the front tires then swivel the mower.
- Exercise caution when pulling the mower’s speed control. Pulling it all the way back can cause the mower to get away from the operator because of its speed and power.
- Coat the mower’s steel deck with a Fluid Film spray to avoid corrosion and debris from sticking.
Q: Can the Troy Bilt TB220 mulch out of the box or do I need to purchase a mulching kit?
A: The mower can mulch as is and mulches very well.
Q: Can the mower’s handle fold down for storage?
A: Yes, the mower’s handle can be folded down easily by removing two plastic tipped wing nuts.
Q: Do I need to mix fuel to use this mower?
A: No. Regular unleaded is all that is needed. Fuel stabilizers are recommended to keep the fuel fresh especially during storage but are not required.
Q: Is a bag included?
A: Yes. A standard 1.9-bushel capacity grass bag is included.
Q: Is oil included?
A: Yes, the mower is shipped with oil.
Q: How many blades does this mower have?
A: The TB220 has a single blade and is an exclusive Troy-Bilt Tri-Action cut system.
Q: Do you need to change the mower’s oil or does it have the add as you go feature?
A: You will need to change oil at least once a year.