Troy Bilt TB130 XP
163cc 21-Inch 3-in-1 Gas Walk-Behind Lawn Mower
6 reasons to buy
- Most owners purchased the mower because it came with a Honda 163cc OHV engine.
- The mower cuts well and is not as loud as some owners expected.
- A good number of reviewers noted that the mower was very reasonably priced for a mower with a Honda engine.
- The mower starts on the first pull because of its auto choke feature.
- Numerous owners complimented the sturdiness of the mower’s build and its ease of storage.
- A lot of users liked the availability of a hose cleanout which made cleaning easier.
3 reasons not to buy
- Several buyers were disappointed that mulching leaves or bagging left lots of clumps.
- Some remarked that the mower’s stock blade was thin and was not for heavy-duty use.
- At least one purchaser mentioned that the wheels were small and had a tendency to dig up grass that was not deeply rooted.
The Troy Bilt TB130 XP is a very reasonably priced mower with a Honda 163cc OHV engine. With the reliability the engine brings, many purchasers loved that the mower can cut very well and starts at the very first time. Offering value for money the mower gets the job done if you’re on a budget. The blades on the mower are on the lighter side and can cause clumps when mulching or bagging thick and wet grass. Blade and deck care is a must when considering this mower.
Tips for Troy Bilt TB130 XP
- Make sure that instructions found in the manual are read and followed.
- To avoid clumping make sure that blades are well maintained and use a deck spray to prevent grass from sticking on the deck’s underside. You can purchase a deck spray and protectant here.
- To keep it in the best condition, clean the mower after each use.
Q: Is the Troy Bilt TB130 XP a self-propelled mower?
A: No. This mower is not self-propelled.
Q: Does the mower have an auto choke feature?
A: Yes. The mower comes with an auto choke. Only one pull is needed.
Q: Can the wheel height be adjusted?
A: Yes, the front and back wheels can be adjusted as a pair and not individually.
Q: Does the mower arrive fully assembled?
A: The mower requires very minimal assembly. Just the handles need attachment via 2 molded bolts.