24-Inch 11.5 HP Briggs & Stratton Predator Walk Behind Rough Cut Mower
6 reasons to buy
- Expert reviewers like that the Swisher WBRC11524 cut very well because of its powerful 11.5 HP Briggs & Stratton engine and rough cut blade made out of hardened steel.
- Plenty of owners commented that the mower is made in the USA and is very well built.
- Many people loved that the mower discharged from the front and does not send debris flying back.
- Several buyers valued the mower’s self-propel that made the mower easy to use on rough terrain and up slopes.
- Some owners appreciated the long handles that helped make the mower more maneuverable.
- A few purchasers noted that the mower is easy to start.
2 reasons not to buy
- At least one purchaser mentioned mowing downhill can cause the mower to slide. Its skid can often dig into the ground because of its heavy weight.
- A user noted that the mower had a small fuel tank for its large engine.
The Swisher WBRC11524 exceeded consumer’s expectations with its power and good cuts. The mower is built and does extremely well for cutting trails and clearing fields. It’s built tough and packs the power to get the job done. Though the mower has trouble going downhill due to its sheer weight, it’s a perfect choice for clearing dense undergrowth. If you’re in the market for a heavy-duty mower capable of plowing through thick grass and bush, the Swisher WBRC11524 is highly recommended.
Swisher Acquisition Inc.
Swisher Acquisition Inc.
Tips for Swisher WBRC11524
- When mowing slopes, it is recommended to mow uphill instead of downhill to prevent the mower from skidding.
- Coat the mower’s deck with a fluid film spray to prevent corrosion and debris from sticking.
Q: Are the tires easily punctured when used in heavy brush?
A: The tires are very sturdy and can withstand heavy use in dense brush.
Q: Does the mower have blades or use string to cut?
A: The mower has a single rough cut hardened steel blade.
Q: Where can I get extra blades for the Swisher WBRC11524?
A: You can purchase extra blades here.
Q: Can the engine be modified to use an electric start?
A: No, this model does not have a conversion kit for an electric start.
Q: Is the engine equipped with an oil pump.
A: No, the engine does not have one.
Q: Where are the mower’s frame and engine made?
A: Both are manufactured in the US.
Q: Can the mower be used in 8-foot blackberry bushes?
A: Yes, the mower does very well in blackberry bushes.
Q: What is the mower’s shipping dimensions when crated?
A: The mower’s crated shipping dimensions is 61” x 32.5” x 32.5” and weighs 332lbs.