Sun Joe MJ408E
20-Inch 12-Amp Electric Lawn Mower + Mulcher, With Side Discharge Chute
10 reasons to buy
- Various users were pleased that the Sun Joe MJ408E was quick and easy to assemble.
- A good number of owners found the mower easy to push and maneuver thanks to its large wheels and lightweight design.
- The mower runs very quietly. No more bothering neighbors when mowing early in the morning or in the evening when its cooler.
- Most purchasers appreciated that the mower cut through all types of grass with ease.
- The mower’s cutting height is easily adjusted by a single lever.
- A good number of reviewers liked that the large capacity grass catcher is easy to attach and remove.
- Many people like that the mower is easy to start with just a push of a button.
- Several users love that the MJ408E did not require as much maintenance as a gas-powered mower.
- The mower can be easily tipped to its side without any fluid leakage making it very easy to clean.
- A couple of users found that the mower mulches heavy growth with ease.
2 reasons not to buy
- Several buyers mentioned that the handle’s foam cushion wears quickly.
- A user complained that the mower’s blade dulled quickly.
The Sun Joe MJ408E performed just as well as a gas-powered mower. Consumers were impressed with how well the mower cut and mulch. Except for cord management, the mower is very easy to use on various types of terrain and is relatively maintenance-free. The mower also brings good value for money because of its affordable price range and great performance. However, a small number of consumers indicated that the handles foam cushion and stock blade wear easily. Many purchasers found this to be a small price to pay and recommend this mower for small to medium-sized lawns.
Snow Joe + Sun Joe
Snow Joe + Sun Joe
Tips for Sun Joe MJ408E
- The mower has a safety start feature. To start the mower, hold down the start button then pull on the safety bar.
- It is advisable to plot your mowing course ahead and mow away from the power source to avoid running over the cord.
- It is recommended to purchase an orange outdoor extension cord to ensure that the cord is visible during mowing.
Q: Is the mower self-propelled?
A: No, the Sun Joe MJ408E is not self-propelled but is lighter than a gas-powered mower and easy to push.
Q: What is the mower made of?
A: The mower’s deck is made of metal while its battery cover is made out of plastic.
Q: Is the mower easy to pull backward?
A: Yes, the mower has no issues going backward.
Q: Does the mower come with a power cord?
A: No, the power cord is sold separately.
Q: Where can I purchase replacement blades for the Sun Joe MJ408E?
A: You can purchase replacement Sun Joe blades here.
Q: Does the height lever adjustment, adjust all four wheels simultaneously?
A: Yes, all four wheels are conveniently adjusted together.