Poulan Pro PR500N21SH
21-Inch 140cc Briggs & Stratton Walk Behind 2-IN-1 Lawn Mower
7 reasons to buy
- A good number of owners appreciated that the Poulan Pro PR500N21SH was easy to assemble out of the box.
- Many Reviewers loved that the mower starts consistently on the first pull.
- The mower is easy to maneuver because of its large wheels and lightweight design.
- A majority of users were impressed that the mower cuts grass well.
- A few individuals noted that it is more fuel-efficient than other gas mowers.
- The mower’s wheels are easy to adjust.
- One buyer mentioned that the mower’s 140cc Briggs & Stratton Engine runs more quietly than other gas engines.
3 reasons not to buy
- A couple of reviewers found it difficult to pour oil into the mower’s engine.
- Some people remarked that the mulching plug does not tightly fit the deck and causes some clippings to blow out of the gap when mulching.
- At least one purchaser mentioned that the screws holding up the handle can sometimes vibrate loose
The compact Poulan Pro PR500N21SH performs just as well as its full-sized gas-powered counterparts. The mower checked out in terms of start-up reliability, fuel efficiency, maneuverability, and good cutting quality. It also brings good value for money, discovered a few delighted purchasers. However, a small number of customers pointed out some design opportunities caused by vibration and when mulching. They recommend the mower primarily when cutting and using the side discharge.
Tips for Poulan Pro PR500N21SH
- A fuel stabilizer is recommended to treat ethanol in gas to prevent engine damage and help ensure reliable start-ups at the start of the season.
- Wet grass can cause corrosion to the deck’s underside, use a fluid film spray to prevent rust and debris build-up.
- It is recommended to use a flex funnel to help pour oil into the engine hassle-free.
Q: Is the Poulan Pro PR500N21SH made in the USA?
A: Yes, the mower is made in McRae, Georgia.
Q: Does the mower’s engine have a governor?
A: Yes it has. The engine operates at one good speed.
Q: Can the mower switch from side-discharge to bagging?
A: No, this model does not have an option to bag.
Q: How long is the mower’s blade?
A: The mower uses a 21-inch mulch blade.
Q: Is the mower self-propelled?
A: No, the mower is self-push.
Q: What is the engine’s oil capacity?
A: The engine has a 20-ounce oil capacity.