21-Inch 163cc Briggs & Stratton Walk Behind Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower
7 reasons to buy
- A good number of owners liked that the Husqvarna LC221FHE starts easily thanks to its electric start feature.
- A good number of users were pleased with the mower’s incredible suction ability.
- The mower is easy to set up in just a few minutes. Just the handle and electric start required installation.
- Most purchasers appreciated the mower’s maneuverability because of its self-propel and front-wheel drive system.
- The mower is easy to clean thanks to its deck washout port.
- Many people liked that the mower cut very well thanks to its powerful 163cc Briggs & Stratton engine.
- A couple of users noted that the bagger attachment was well designed making the bagger easy to attach and remove.
2 reasons not to buy
- Many owners were disappointed that the mower’s drive belt is exposed underneath the deck and made it prone to damage from debris.
- At least one purchaser mentioned that the mower is heavy to push without engaging it’s self-propel.
Many people liked the Husqvarna LC221FHE. They welcomed that it housed a powerful engine making for great cuts and fine mulching. Consumers also loved its maneuverability, easy of use and start-up. On the other hand, several owners complained of a flaw in the drive system design that often left the drive belt broken or dislodged because of grass clogging.
Tips for Husqvarna LC221FHE
- To prevent debris from sticking, use a Fluid Film spray on the deck’s underside.
- It is recommended to clean the mower’s underside after each use to keep it in the best running condition and to avoid debris build-up.
Q: Does the mower come with oil?
A: Yes, a quart of oil is included.
Q: Can the speed be adjusted?
A: Yes. The speed can be adjusted by pulling the handle lightly.
Q: Does the mower have a battery?
A: Yes. The mower has a battery located on the handlebars right side. The battery is used for starting the mower only.
Q: How can I charge the batteries?
A: The batteries charge quickly via a charging cord. The charging cord uses a standard 110V outlet.
Q: Can the mower’s handle fold down for storage?
A: Yes, the mower’s handle can be easily folded down by turning two wing nuts.
Q: Can the mower mulch?
A: Yes. The mower can mulch well.
Q: Does the mower come with a bag?
A: Yes, a bag is included.
Q: What happens to the grass clippings if the bagger is not attached?
A: The grass is mulched if the mulching attachment is used. If the mulching attachment is not used then the clippings get discharged back on the lawn.