21-Inch 160cc Honda Walk Behind Self-Propelled Lawn Mower
5 reasons to buy
- Plenty of owners claimed that the Husqvarna L221A is easy to start and starts on the first pull.
- Its all-wheel-drive system makes it easy to use on hills and rough terrain.
- The mower cuts and mulches very well thanks to its powerful Honda engine.
- A good number of reviewers commented that the self-propel feature works great and has good walk-behind speed.
- The mower’s deck is equipped with a hose connector making it easy to clean.
3 reasons not to buy
- Many owners found the mower heavy and hard to navigate turns.
- Some reviewers were disappointed that the supposed side discharge which is at the mower’s rear does not work well and can leave clumps.
- At least one purchaser mentioned that grass can often get clogged in the front wheel under its plastic cover.
Many people liked the Husqvarna L221A. It’s reliable Honda engine provided the mower with enough power to meet expectations when mulching and cutting. It’s all-wheel-drive and self-propel system made the mower easy to use on hills and when mowing generally in a straight line. On the other hand, several consumers complained that the L221A is heavy and difficult to turn and had design flaws with its wheel and discharge chute. Overall, the mower gets the job done in terms of mulching or cutting and is recommended if your lawn is generally clear from trees or obstacles that will require you to turn often.
|Max Cutting Height|
|Min Cutting Height|
All-Wheel-Drive (AWD), Honda GCV160 Series Engine, Auto Choke System, Water Hose Connection
Big Skid Media
Big Skid Media
Tips for Husqvarna L221A
- The mower is heavy so trim in straight lines and plot your mowing course and to avoid unnecessary turns.
- To protect the mower’s steel deck from corrosion and debris, use a Fluid Film spray on the deck’s underside.
- Clean the mower after using it to keep it in the best running condition.
Q: Does the Husqvarna L221A’s self-propel have variable speed?
A: No. The self-propel feature only has one speed.
Q: Does the mower come with a bag?
A: Yes. A bag is included with the mower.
Q: Does the mower have a side discharge?
A: No. The mower discharges from the rear.
Q: Can I keep the mower running without my hands on the handle?
A: No. The mower will shut off without your hands on the lever. The mower is very easy to start back.
Q: Does the mower need a separate mulching kit to mulch?
A: The mower can mulch as is. Just remove the bag and insert the mulching plug to set it to mulch.