22-Inch 190cc Honda Walk Behind Self-Propelled Mower
5 reasons to buy
- A vast majority of users were impressed by Husqvarna HU800AWDH’s all-wheel-drive system which made mowing on various types of terrain and steep hills very easy.
- Most purchasers appreciated how effortlessly the mower started on the first pull thanks to its reliable Honda engine.
- The mower is very easy to maintain and starts without problems even after being stored for months.
- Various users were pleased with how easy the mower is to assemble.
- Several users loved how good the mower cuts and mulches because of its powerful engine.
3 reasons not to buy
- A handful noted that mower’s blades had a tendency to hit the inside of its mowing deck creating a clanging sound.
- Some reviewers mentioned that the mower had a design flaw with its blade adapter being a “star” configuration which could loosen the blade bolt during mowing.
- At least one purchaser noted that the all-wheel-drive system causes some resistance and made the mower difficult to maneuver during tight turns or when pushing manually for detailed mowing.
A powerful all-wheel-drive mower backed with a reliable 190cc Honda engine, the Husqvarna HU800AWDH is well-loved by purchasers. The flawless start-up, great cutting power and the ability to mow virtually all terrain types easily make this mower hard to pass up. The mower’s Achilles’ heel though seems to come from its blade adapter. With a handful of owners noticing blade bolts loosening because of the blade adapter’s design and the mower’s power, blade care and maintenance should be regularly observed when purchasing this mower.
|Max Cutting Height|
|Min Cutting Height|
Honda GCV190 190cc 4 Cycle Engine, 3000 rpm, 4×4 All Wheel Drive (AWD), 11-Inch Rear Ball Bearing Wheels, 8-Inch Front Ball Bearing Wheels, 3 Position Handle Height Adjustment, BioClip Mulching
Tips for Husqvarna HU800AWDH
- It is recommended to spray the deck’s underside with an anti-stick coating before using the mower to make cleaning easy. You can purchase a non-stick mower deck spray and protectant here.
- To keep it in the best condition, clean the mower after each use.
- Perform routine checks on the mower’s blade and blade adapter. Click on the links to purchase replacement blades and blade adapter.
Q: Does the mower have a deck hose fitting?
A: Yes. To make deck cleaning easier, the deck comes with a hose attachment.
Q: Can this mower be used in concrete to pick up leaves?
A: Yes it can. Be sure to use a bagger when doing so.
Q: Does the mower have throttle control?
A: No. The mower uses a handlebar trigger to control the mower’s speed. The throttle can be changed manually if needed.
Q: Does the mower have a blade break?
A: No. To ensure safety, the mower’s blade and the engine will shut off at the same time when releasing the operator presence control bar.
Q: Can the mower’s wheel spin freely without the self-propelled mode?
A: Yes. The mower can freewheel but will require a little effort to push.
Q: Is a mulching blade included?
A: Yes, the mower arrives ready for mulching.
Q: Does the mower arrive fully assembled?
A: The mower just needs the handles attached, then gas and oil added and you’re ready to go.