Husqvarna Automower 450X 967646405
1.3 acre Capacity Battery Robotic Lawn Mower
10 reasons to buy
- Most purchasers appreciated the Husqvarna Automower 450X’s programming that allowed it to return to its charging base before it runs out of battery.
- The Automower’s sensors work perfect and slow the mower down when it approaches tall obstacles.
- Most purchasers loved the aesthetic and functionality of the mower’s headlights. It is pleasing to look at and makes the mower easy to spot at night.
- Various mower settings can be controlled via the mower’s mobile App from turning off the headlights to changing the mower’s cutting height.
- The mower has a built-in SIM card which allows you to connect to the mower away from home.
- Many reviewers noted the mower’s excellent battery performance even after years of use.
- The Automower 450X has good cutting height. It can mow as low as 2cm and as high as 4cm without scalping the grass.
- Buyer’s liked how easy the mower is to install and set up.
- The mower can mow lawns even during rain without any issues.
- Some buyers valued how well the mower handles power outages. The mower was noticed to sit in the yard and wait until power is restored before returning to the charging station unassisted.
3 reasons not to buy
- A user complained that the mower can get stuck on dips in an uneven lawn
- Some people remarked that the mower is not as effective in mulching as it does cutting.
- A consumer expressed that while this mower is perfect for lawns without leaves and sticks, the mower will require the yard to be free of sticks and leaves to mow effectively.
The Husqvarna Automower 450X is a good option to consider when getting into the robot lawn mower space. The mower’s good battery life, simple intuitive controls, and good cutting height, not to mention the mower’s futuristic appearance, places the mower a notch above the rest as lawn enthusiast owning other robot lawn mowers have tested. There’s very little not to like with the mower. Aside from ensuring the yards are free from tall obstructions and the mower’s lack of mulching prowess, most owners loved the Automower 450X for the great automated lawn care it provides.
|Max Cutting Height|
|Min Cutting Height|
GPS-Assisted Navigation, Li-Ion Battery, Weather Proof, LED Headlights, Automatic Charging
Tips for Husqvarna Automower 450X
- It is advisable to run wiring around tall objects that you don’t want the Automower 450X to hit. You can purchase an automatic lawn mower boundary wire here.
- To get around the mower’s poor mulching, it is recommended to cut the lawn frequently.
- Before burying the wire, it is advisable to leave it above ground for a few sessions to make room for adjustments like not being too close to the lawn’s edge.
Q: Does the mower require a boundary wire or can it follow GPS?
A: The mower requires a boundary wire to establish its perimeter. The mower can measure thick grass areas during mowing and uses the GPS system to guide it back more frequently to ensure the best cutting results.
Q: Can the mower recharge and go back to mow more lawn acreage?
A: Yes, the Automower 450X can mow for up to 4 hours then docks automatically to charge for about 1 before going back to mow again. It can mow to about an acre and a half effectively.
Q: Does the mower blades self sharpen?
A: The mower requires replacement blades. You can purchase the Husqvarna Automower Blade Kit here.
Q: How does the mower handle dips in the lawn?
A: The mower can handle dips with angles greater than the mower’s length. If the dip’s angle is lesser, the mower can get stuck by its front and rear housing.
Q: Do I still need a boundary wire kit if I used the mower in a fenced yard?
A: Yes, the boundary wire will still be required.
Q: Does the mower’s charging station need a shelter to protect it from rain?
A: The charging station is weatherproof and shelter will not be necessary.