21-Inch 160cc Honda GCV160 Gas Push Lawn Mower
7 reasons to buy
- Numerous consumers loved how the Husqvarna 7021P turned on with the very first pull due to the auto choke feature.
- This lawn mower is easy to assemble – just add oil and gas and it works right out of the box.
- It uses the Honda GCV160 motor, which is one of the better made small engines.
- Considering the Honda engine, many people felt it has good value for price.
- Several fans of this Husqvarna lawn mower noted that not a single part has broken after 2-4 years of use.
- It’s extremely easy to push and maneuver, as noted by multiple purchasers.
- A couple of users praised how clean running and relatively quiet this mower ran.
3 reasons not to buy
- Some people remarked that the bolts connecting the mower deck and handle tend to become loose, causing the handle to pop off the deck easily.
- The manual is long and needlessly wordy, said a few purchasers.
- At least one purchaser mentioned that even on the highest height, the Husqvarna 7021P still does not cut very tall.
Utilizing the trusted Honda GCV160 motor, the Husqvarna 7021P gas mower is a great value at its price point. People love how it starts on the very first pull, even after 2-4 years of regular use. Although the bolts connected to the handle have been reported to become loose after time, this continues to be a sturdy lawn mower that has stood the test of time.
|Max Cutting Height|
|Min Cutting Height|
Honda GVC160 Engine, 3-in-1 Cutting System, 8-Inch Front Wheels, 12-Inch Rear Wheels, Foldable Handle, California Compliant, 6.9 lb per ft Gross Torque, 160cc Cylinder Displacement, 0.98 Quart Fuel Tank Volume, 6 Cutting Height Increments, 4-Point Cutting Height Adjustment, 2 Bushel Bagging Volume, Auto-Choke system
Tips for Husqvarna 7021P
- Unlike some cheaper mowers, you don’t need to put oil in the air filter for the Husqvarna 7021P.
- One bottle of engine oil is included with the package.
- If the bolts on this mower start to become loose, fix it by adding a lock washer in between the bolt and the machine.
- Since the manual is not very clear, here is how you set up the mower upon getting it:
1. Remove from box
2. Assemble handle by attaching two bolts (included)
3. Set the wheel height
4. Add the entire contents of the engine oil included
5. Add gas
Q: Does the Husqvarna 7021P require any fuel additives or just plain gas?
A: Just plain gas is fine, although we recommend using non-ethanol fuel to extend the life of the engine. It has a separate tank for oil.
Q: Is there an underneath oil drain plug for changing oil?
A: No, to change oil you will need to tilt the motor over where the oil can be dumped from the side. See page 12 of the owner’s manual.
Q: Are the rear wheels bigger than the front wheels?
A: Yes, the rear wheels are 12 inches while the front wheels are 8 inches.
Q: Does lowering the front wheels cause the grass to be cut lower?
A: Yes, the lower the wheels the closer the mower will be to the ground, and thus the shorter the grass will be cut. Make sure to lower both rear and front wheels evenly so that you get an even cut.
Q: Is the Husqvarna 7021P self-propelled?
A: No, it is a push lawnmower.