21-Inch 2-in-1 Side Discharge Gas Self Propelled Lawn Mower
7 reasons to buy
- Various users were pleased that the Honda HRS216VKA starts easily and always on the first or second pull.
- Most purchasers appreciated the mower’s well-made and sturdy deck.
- The mower is self-propelled and can maneuver over hills easily.
- Experts applauded the mower’s power. It can cut tall grass with ease.
- The mower is easily assembled in 5 minutes.
- Plenty of owners liked that the mower had an option to attach a second blade.
- Some buyers valued the mower’s self propel system and noted it had good speed options.
2 reasons not to buy
- A few commenters would have liked to have higher cutting settings on the mower.
- At least one purchaser was disappointed the mower did not have cruise control and noted the self-propel controls felt awkward and needed some getting used to.
The Honda HRS216VKA continues to live up to the lofty standards set by Honda branded machines. The mower is as all mower’s with Honda engine is, reliable and powerful. Coupled with a sturdy deck and good self-propel the HRS216VKA is well-loved and received by consumers. Despite the lack of older features such as cruise control, the HRS216VKA is a good option where power and reliability are a priority for buyers.
|Max Cutting Height|
|Min Cutting Height|
Smart Drive, GCV160 Engine, Auto Choke™ System, Flywheel Brake Safety System, Easy Fold Quick Release Handle, Flywheel Brake Safety System
Tips for Honda HRS216VKA
- It is best to use a fuel stabilizer to protect the mower’s engine during storage.
- Clean the mower after each use to keep it in good running condition.
- Use a fluid film spray to prevent corrosion and debris from sticking on the deck’s underside.
Q: Does the mower come with an attachment for side discharge?
A: Yes, a side-discharge attachment is included and easy to install.
Q: Does the Honda HRS216VKA have a speed throttle?
A: No. The mower’s speed is set and cannot be adjusted.
Q: Can the gas be cut off via a valve?
A: Yes. The mower has a valve cut off located between the carburetor and gas tank.
Q: Does the mower have a bag attachment?
A: No. The mower does not have one.
Q: Can the mower mulch?
A: Yes. The mower mulches very well.
Q: Can the mowers handle fold down for storage?
A: Yes. The handle folds down easily.
Q: What is the engine’s horsepower rating?
A: The engine has 5.5 horsepower.