40V Max 2.5 AH 21-Inch Brushless Electric Lawn Mower
11 reasons to buy
- A large number of reviewers commented that the Greenworks MO40L2512 cut well.
- Purchasers appreciated the mower’s large wheels which made traversing over rough terrain and hills easy.
- The mower is easy to assemble. Just the attach the handles and batteries and you’re all set.
- A vast majority of users noted that the mower was lightweight which made it maneuverable on hills.
- The mower’s handle folded down easily for storage.
- The mower’s battery bay can hold up to 2 batteries.
- A lot of buyers were pleased that the cutting height was easy to adjust.
- The mower has a 21” deck which made mowing quicker with its large mowing path.
- The MO40L2512 mows evenly backward as it does forward.
- A couple of users loved that the mower’s 40V batteries were compatible with other Greenworks tools.
- The mower is very quiet compared to gas-powered mowers.
5 reasons not to buy
- Most purchasers were disappointed with the included 2.5 AH batteries which gave the mower a total run time of 30 minutes.
- The batteries were also noted to be hard to remove.
- A handful noted that grass can get stuck in the mulch plug.
- Some reviewers remarked that the mower’s Smart Cut feature has a few seconds delay before it triggers.
- A user complained that the mower was underpowered to mulch effectively.
The Greenworks MO40L2512 gains a lot of mixed reviews from consumers. The mower itself generally gets the cutting job done for small-sized lawns. It’s easy to assemble, operate and very quiet to use. One thing to take note and where the mower gets most of its negative feedback from its lackluster battery life brought about by its 2 2.5 AH batteries. Its total average run time is about 30 minutes on both batteries. Good for a small-sized lawn but definitely lacking for lawns larger than 1/3 of an acre. If you’re looking for an environment-friendly option and own a small-sized lawn, this is an option worth looking at. For larger sized lawns, be ready to purchase the 5AH batteries to get the most out of the MO40L2512.
|Max Cutting Height|
|Min Cutting Height|
2 Battery Included, Dual Battery Port, Innovative Smart Cut Technology, Vertical Storage, Lithium-Ion Technology
Tips for Greenworks MO40L2512
- The mower consumers more power when mulching. It is recommended to purchase a 5AH battery to extend the mower’s run time.
- The battery is not fully charged when shipped. It is best to fully charge batteries before using.
- To save battery and enhance run time, it is recommended to mow the grass when dry and set the mower to the highest cutting height or 1/3 of the grass length.
Q: How many blades does this mower have?
A: The MO40L2512 uses one blade.
Q: Is a charger included?
A: Yes. A charger is included with the 2 2.5AH batteries.
Q: How easy is it to fold the mower for storage?
A: The handles are easily folded down after loosening the clamps.
Q: Why does the mower make a beeping sound?
A: Replace the batteries if the mower shuts down and beeps.
Q: Is the mower variable speed?
A: Yes. The mower’s speed can be adjusted by a lever on the left handle.
Q: Can I use the mower’s batteries with other Greenworks products?
A: Yes. The batteries are compatible with all GreenWorks G-Max 40v tools.