16-Inch 10 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower
10 reasons to buy
- The majority of reviewers loved how light and easily moved it is, weighing at only 37.5 pounds.
- It folds up to save a ton of space, allowing you to store the mower off the floor.
- Experts applauded how easy it is to adjust the mower height with one control and one hand
- The Greenworks 25142 requires no assembly at all – you just open the box and flip the handle to get started.
- This Greenworks mower has a grass catcher with a vacuum effect that works great according to many users.
- It has praiseworthy build quality, as claimed by some owners.
- The Greenworks 25142 runs quieter than gas mowers.
- A good number of reviewers say that it has plenty of power to mow grass, even overgrown spring lawns with weeds.
- It is much cheaper than battery mowers and requires no battery replacements.
- Several lawn enthusiasts enjoyed how the bag is simple to attach, remove, and empty. It easily clips/unclips.
3 reasons not to buy
- The grass catcher has limited capacity so it will require more frequent emptying.
- Some owners new to corded electric mowers felt that working around the cord took a while to get used to.
- Since the Greenworks 25142 has a small cutting width and requires an extension cord, it’s not good for very large lawns.
The popular Greenworks 25142 Corded Electric Lawn Mower is easy to use and light enough to operate with one hand. Most users love the foldable handle and compact size. It also brings great value for money, being cheaper than battery mowers and less hassle compared to gas mowers. The grass catcher is a pleasure to use due to the vacuum nature of the mower. However, a few customers have noted the catcher isn’t very big, so this unit is best for small to medium size lawns.
|Max Cutting Height|
|Min Cutting Height|
Foldable Handle, 6-Inch Front Wheels, 7-Inch Rear Wheels, 5-Position Cutting Height Adjustment
Lawn Mowers Best Price
Lawn Mowers Best Price
Tips for Greenworks 25142
- The mower gives off a “vacuum” sound and sucks up the blades of grass so that it stands taller, allowing for cleaner cuts and avoids bruising the grass.
- Since the handle is foldable, you can fold it down temporarily to mow under obstacles such as low hanging branches from trees.
- If the mower starts to sound noisier than usual or slows down, turn it off and flip it over to see if too much grass has been caught around the blade and remove it before continuing.
- Use a bright orange extension cord that’s easy to see to avoid running over it while mowing.
Q: What is the lifespan of the Greenworks 25142?
A: It varies but some customers have had it for over 5 years and it’s still running. But the black rubber grip on the handle has been reported to start to peel off over time, and the blade will need to be sharpened after a couple years.
Q: Can I store the mower outside? How is it affected by weather?
A: Don’t store it outside because it is electric. It’s best in a shed or someplace that avoids rain/snow.
Q: What is the tallest grass or weeds this mower can cut?
A: Users have reported being able to cut weeds and grass at over a foot high if the mower is angled properly. However, 6 inches would be the tallest for regular use.
Q: Is there a grass catcher?
Q: Do you need to buy a separate extension cord?
A: Yes. If you need a 50-foot extension cord, considering this mower is 10-amp we recommend a 16 gauge cord. If you need 100-150 ft, get a 12 gauge cord.
Q: Can the mower cut well when pulled backward?
A: Yes, it works the same forwards or backward like a vacuum cleaner.
Q: How well does the mower cut grass? Does it give a nice, even cut?
A: Yes, it cuts very well with its dual blades and vacuum effect. Unless the grass is really thick, wet or long, you should only need to go over it once to cut for regularly mowed lawns.