18-Inch 12 Amp Corded Electric Lawn Mower
12 reasons to buy
- It’s very convenient to use due to being electric. No having to refuel gas, oil changes, or gaskets going bad.
- Many owners were able to cut tall grass easily.
- The metal build feels nice and sturdy to use.
- It’s small and light, according to most reviewers.
- It’s easy to assemble – just fold the handle up and secure a couple nuts and bolts and quick release levers.
- The Greenworks 25012 has seven height settings to cut grass, making it flexible for all seasons.
- At least three buyers were pleased with the power of the motor.
- A good number of reviewers comment that this Greenworks lawn mower is super quiet.
- Several reported that the mulching blade cuts very well.
- The 4-year warranty is double the industry standard and the customer service has been reported to be great.
- This is a perfect mower for small to medium city lots.
- For such a popular lawnmower with superb performance, the price point is more than reasonable.
4 reasons not to buy
- A couple people said the product stopped working after some usage, especially when running over tree roots.
- An avid homeowner was displeased with how it was too heavy for his wife to use on side-hill lawn areas.
- A grass catcher is not included so you can’t bag clippings.
- Some reviewers say that the tightening screws that allow the handle to fold up and down often came loose with the vibration of the mower.
The Greenworks 25012 is a simple and convenient lawn mower to use. Being electric saves a lot of time and headache that gas mowers have, such as needing to refuel. It has a strong and sturdy feel with metal casings on all the important parts. Despite not having a grass catcher, this mower is perfect for your average small to medium-sized lawn.
|Max Cutting Height|
|Min Cutting Height|
Steel Deck, Zero Carbon Footprint, 7-Position Cutting Height Adjustment
Tips for Greenworks 25012
- The mower does not come with an extension cord so buy an orange extension cord to make it easier to see while mowing.
- Use 303 Protectant all around it and Fluid Film spray on the underside as well as any exposed metal to prevent corrosion and sticking.
- To keep it in the best condition, clean the mower after each use.
Q: Does the Greenworks 25012 have a mulching blade?
Q: Does it arrive assembled?
A: Pretty much – just fold up the handle and secure a couple nuts and bolts.
Q: Can you hang the mower on the wall?
A: Yes, it can fold down into a compact unit.
Q: What is the max cutting height?
A: 3 and 3/4 inches.
Q: What is the recommended gauge for the extension cord?
A: Any extension cord 12 to 16 gauge will do just fine. Here’s a good extension cord.
Q: Should I get a 2 or 3 prong extension cord?
A: Both 2 and 3 prong works.
Q: Is this good for lawns with lots of leaves on it?
A: Yes, it cuts through leaves well.
Q: Does the Greenworks 25012 have a grass bag?
A: No bagger is included. It can mulch or side discharge.
Q: Does the handle flip to the opposite side to allow mowing without turning the base?