20-Inch 40V MAX 3-in-1 Cordless Brushless Lawn Mower
9 reasons to buy
- A large number of reviewers were happy that the Dewalt DCMW290H1 runs smoothly and very quietly.
- Experts loved that the DCMW290H1 cuts as well as a gas-powered mower.
- The mowers batteries are compatible with other 40V Max Dewalt power tools.
- A good number of users appreciated that the mower was easy to maneuver because of its lightweight design.
- Some buyers remarked that the mower was easily assembled out of the box.
- A few individuals found the mower’s controls large and easy use even while wearing gloves.
- The mower is very easy to start.
- A couple of users appreciated that the mower was easy to store and could be stored vertically.
- One buyer commented that the DCMW290H1 like other Dewalt tools is well built and durable.
3 reasons not to buy
- Some reviewers noted that grass tended to form a ring around the blade underneath the deck when mulching causing the mower’s discharge to clog.
- Several buyers mentioned that the grass bag has a design flaw which only allowed a third of the bag to fill before the discharge area clogs up.
- A user complained that the battery run time decreased significantly after being stored over winter on recommended storage conditions.
The Dewalt DCMW290H1 delivered what consumers would expect from a Dewalt crafted tool: powerful, durable and efficient. Users were impressed that the mower did perform as well as a gas powered mower. Despite the battery issues and occasional clumping during mulching experienced by some consumers, the DCMW290H1’s battery compatibility with other Dewalt 40v Max tools is a fantastic feature which sealed the deal for most.
|Max Cutting Height|
|Min Cutting Height|
Easy Transport And Storage, Low Noise, LED Dashboard
Pro Tool Reviews
Pro Tool Reviews
Tips for Dewalt DCMW290H1
- For large lawns and for buyers without any Dewalt 40V Max compatible tools yet, it is advisable to consider purchasing a Dewalt 40V Max battery backup for an uninterrupted mowing run time.
- It is recommended not to mow the grass when wet to avoid clumping and conserve battery.
- Clear lawn from any obstacles and rocks that may damage the mower’s blades.
- To help prevent debris build-up, clumping and corrosion, it is advisable to use a Fluid Film spray beneath the mower’s deck.
Q: Is the Dewalt DCMW290H1 self-propelled?
A: No. The mower is not self-propelled but is lightweight and easy to push.
Q: Does the mower come with a charger?
A: Yes, a charger is included.
Q: What battery is included with the mower?
A: The mower includes a 6.0AH Dewalt 40V Max battery.
Q: Where can I purchase replacement blades?
A: You can purchase compatible replacement blades here.
Q: Can the mower be used on slopes?
A: The mower is lightweight enough to be used on slopes without self-propel.