20-Inch 2X 20V Max 3-in-1 Cordless Battery Lawn Mower
6 reasons to buy
- Expert reviewers pretty much loved the Dewalt DCMW220P2 power. It cut and mulches well.
- Owners appreciated that it was easy to store and can stand vertically.
- A good number of purchasers noted that the mower is tough, well built and solid.
- It runs quieter than other mowers.
- Many people liked that its height was easy to adjust.
- A couple of users welcomed that batteries were interchangeable with other DeWalt tools.
4 reasons not to buy
- Many owners were disappointed with the stock 5AH battery life and noted that the battery drained fast especially when mulching.
- The DCMW220P2 is expensive as compared to other mowers.
- Some people remarked that the mower should have come with 2 charges for its 2 5AH batteries.
- At least one purchaser commented that the mower draws power from both batteries simultaneously causing the mower to stop if one battery is drained ahead of the other.
DeWalt introduces the DCMW220P2 20V cordless mower. Like most DeWalt tools, owners found the mower to be very well built and powerful. It easy to use and exceeds expectations when cutting and mulching. It’s cleverly compatible with other tools with the DeWalt 20V Max and 60V Flexbolt Battery system making it a very tempting choice for consumers already owning other DeWalt power tools. However, the stock 5AH batteries that come with the mower underperforms and leaves most owners wanting for more power. Be ready to purchase the 6AH Flexbolt batteries to get the most out of this mower. That being said, the DeWalt DCMW220P2 is a premium mower that gets the job done given it has enough battery power to do so.
Tools In Action
Tools In Action
Tips for DeWalt DCMW220P2
- Remove the DeWalt DCMW220P2’s mulcher when not in use to increase battery life.
- For the best uninterrupted mowing performance, it is recommended to purchase a 2 pack DeWalt 20V 6AH Flexbolt battery.
Q: How long can the mower run on the stock 20v 5AH batteries?
A: The mower can get about 15 to 20 minutes run-time per charge on the 5AH batteries.
Q: Are the 9AH Flexbolt batteries compatible with the DeWalt DCMW220P2?
A: Yes. The 9AH Flexbolt batteries will fit and are compatible.
Q: Will a single 60v Flexbolt battery do for this mower?
A: No. The mower will require 2 batteries to run.
Q: Is the mower self-propelled?
A: No. The mower is not self-propelled.
Q: What is the mower’s length when folded up for storage?
A: The mower is 34 inches when folded and 70 inches when extended.
Q: Is the dual charger included with the 2 20v batteries?
A: No. The mower comes with a single charger.
Q: How long is the mower’s blade?
A: The mower has a 19 ½ inch blade length.