Black & Decker MTE912
12-Inch 6.5 Amp Corded Electric 3-in-1 Trimmer, Edger and Mower
13 reasons to buy
- A large number of reviewers loved that the Black & Decker MTE912 is very light, maneuverable and easy to carry.
- Many owners liked that the mower is easy to clean.
- The mower’s string feeds well and does not tangle.
- A vast majority of people loved that the mower stores easily and can take up no floor space by hanging it separately on hooks
- Plenty of users were impressed by how easily it converts to trimmer and edger.
- The product was noted to be powerful for its 6.5amp motor and cut well.
- Users commended that it was very easy to use on slopes due to being lightweight.
- The mower’s shaft on trimming mode can be easily adjusted to accommodate the user’s height.
- The mower can be quickly assembled out of the box in about 2 minutes.
- Expert reviewers pretty much loved that it handles rough and uneven terrain very well.
- Many people liked that they no longer had to deal with gasoline and charging batteries.
- Some buyers valued that the mower did not leave heavy wheel marks like gas mowers.
- A couple of users loved that the Black & Decker MTE912 is essentially a mower, trimmer, and edger in one.
4 reasons not to buy
- Many owners were disappointed that the plug connecting to the handle can often loosen and dislodge during mowing.
- Due to the mower’s small 12 inch footprint, mowing yards can take longer than usual.
- A small percentage of users noted that the mower consumes a lot of string when mowing.
- At least one purchaser mentioned that because of the absence of a bag/grass catcher, cleaning up clippings is sometimes more work than the mowing itself.
The majority of the users were welcoming and happy about the Black & Decker MTE912. The mower obtained a winning spot to many consumers because of its versatility, modular design, ease of use and price. Though the mower is designed specifically for small lawns of about 750 square feet it’s multi-purpose use and affordability were more significant. Overall, the Black & Decker MTE912 is indeed a mower to consider if your lawn fits the specifications.
Black & Decker
|Max Cutting Height|
|Min Cutting Height|
Automatic Feed System (AFS), Gear Drive Transmission, Foot Pedal Release
Tips for Black & Decker MTE912
- When cleaning the mower, detach the trimmer for the base and wash off the deck with a hose.
- Do not use the Black & Decker MTE912 like a vacuum cleaner when mowing. It is recommended to mow in one direction at a steady pace without stopping for a clean and even cut.
- The mower does not include an extension cord. It is advisable to purchase an orange extension cord to avoid going over it when mowing.
Q: Can the Black & Decker MTE912 cut grass evenly and without visible tracks?
A: The mower can cut grass evenly if used as a mower and if you mow in a row. It does not leave any tracks behind.
Q: Where can I purchase extra sting?
A: You can purchase a 3 pack replacement line string trimmer spool here.
Q: Does the mower come with a power cord?
A: No. A power cord is not included.
Q: Does the MTE912 work well as an edger?
A: Yes. The MTE912 can trim and edge very well.
Q: Is the mower waterproof? Can it be left outside in the rain?
A: No, the mower is not waterproof.
Q: What are the handle height and its shortest setting?
A: The handle’s overall height is 43” and its shortest setting is 33”.
Q: Can the handle be disassembled?
A: Yes it can.